Monday, April 9, 2012

New Hair Products & Loves


Left to Right: AG bigwigg root volumizer spray (Ulta), Oribe Dry Texturizing spray (birchbox.com), Oribe Royal Blowout heat styling spray (birchbox.com), Bumble and Bumble texture hair un-dressing creme (Sephora), and Loreal Elnett Spray (Ulta)

AG bigwigg root volumizer spray: My hair is very thick and coarse.  Therefore, achieving volume at the roots is very difficult without getting a haircut with lots of layers that take some of the weight out and allow the hair to lift.  I'm currently growing out my hair, have been for the past year after uncharacteristically deciding to chop my hair off into a short A line bob.  For those of you who are considering a drastic change like this, think long and hard about A line bobs.  Because they are shorter in the back, it takes FOREVER to grow it out.  Pair that with my inability to not cut my hair (I believe regular trims are necessary for healthy ends), it's been a while.  Back to the product, I've used this a couple of times, spraying it at the roots of my damp hair before I blow out and although I haven't noticed a major difference, it does help create lift at the end of the day.  Just stick your fingers to the root of your hair and massage for a few minutes and you have volume once more!


Oribe Dry Texturizing spray, Oribe Royal Blowout heat styling spray, Bumble and Bumble texture hair un-dressing creme: These I am excited to try after hearing the rave reviews from Veronika's Blushing blog.  The Oribe Dry texturizing spray is supposed to give you lots of volume and also act as a dry shampoo.  I'm always on the look out for dry shampoos as I don't wash my hair everyday.  I find that the quality of dry shampoos does vary greatly from brand to brand but I love how it adds volume to second/third day hair.  The Oribe Royal Blowout heat styling spray is supposed to act as a heat protectant and decrease your drying time.  Anything to minimize heat damage to my hair.  I've gone through periods where I would stay away from heat and be really unhappy.  What good is it to have healthy hair if it doesn't look good?  So I also bought the Bumble and Bumble texture hair creme to help revitalize my curls on the second day after I curl it.

Loreal Elnett Hairspray:  Love it.  Love the smell, the fact that it can be brushed out and it actually creates a strong enough hold for curls/occassional teasing.  Best of all?  Its drugstore.

I purchased all the items in this post myself.  I found the Oribe products on birchbox.com.  While I am not a member of their subscription service, I do find a lot of great products in their full size store that I havne't been able to find anywhere else.

Also on my mind is Kerastase.  I have heard so many good things about their haircare line and I am anxious to try their fibre architect (which claims to mend split ends?!), cristaliste serum (great for long hair), Nector Thermique creme (good for heat styling).  What's been holding me back is the steep price of this line and the fact that I am not very diligent when it comes to hair products.  I think that adding too much product to my hair can lead to buildup and the need to wash it everyday (which I am trying to avoid).  However, I do want to protect my hair and make it grow long and healthy (hence my extreme hoarding right now).  Have you tried anything from the Kerastase line and if so, what did you think of it?  

No comments:

Post a Comment